Linux Fund - Quarterly Report - Q1 2012
March 31, 2012
In an effort to increase transparency Linux Fund will now be publishing quarterly reports that document the projects funded by your credit card transactions and direct donations.
The report bellow covers our activities from Q1 2012 (January - March).
Credit Card Programs: $6,272.46
- $2,000.00 Targeted Donations - Various
- $920.00 Targeted Donations - GNASH
- $8.01 General Donations
- (30) Used PCs for use by local students.
Projects Funded Q1 2012 ($3,500)
Linux Fund funded Wikiotics 2012 Collaboration Workshop to help further the development of free software and libre educational language training materials. Students and educators will receive training on Wikiotics tools so that participants are capable of customizing existing materials, building new materials, creating class groups, and develop the documentation and help resources for future participants.
JQuery Foundation ($1,000)
Linux Fund is a founding sponsor of the jQuery foundation. In March 2012, Linux Fund provided initial funding to help cover administrative and infrastructure costs associated with the launch of jQuery's new foundation.
Events Funded Q1 2012 ($1500)
- SCALE 10x - Sponsored speaker travel for 10th annual Southern California Linux Expo.
- Linux Fest Northwest 2012 - Silver sponsor helping to cover infrastructure and administrative expenses of the festival.
- Libre Graphics Meetup Vienna - Sponsored travel of FL/OSS developers to Vienna so that they may participate in hackathons and development discussions.
Would you like to have your project funded? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Mandel (Executive Director)
Randal Schwartz (Secretary)
Ilan Rabinovitch (President)
The Linux Fund UK Business Credit Card is issued by MBNA Europe Bank
Limited, Registered Office: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park,
Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England number 2783251. Credit is
available subject to status, only to UK residents aged 18 or over. We
will monitor or record some phone calls. MBNA’s business lending
activities that are licensed by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) and our
general insurance activities are authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority (FSA).